The Bedford County Animal Shelter (hereinafter the "County") is hosting the 2016 Happy Tails Family Fun Day (hereinafter the “Event”) on Saturday, May 14, 2016 at Falling Creek Park, 1257 County Farm Road, in Bedford, VA. and wishes to have animal rescues and shelters, veterinary clinics, vendors with food, beverages, crafts, pet-related items, etc., and entertainers on site to enhance the event and provide goods and/or services to attendees.
In consideration of the mutual promises below, and other valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the parties agree as follows:
1. Vendor agrees that it will be a specialty vendor at the Event.
2. VENDOR FEE-Donation of an item to be used as a contest prize, door prize, etc.
Suggested value: minimum $5-$10
Suggested items: gift certificates, rescue group logo t-shirts or caps, dog treats, dog toys, etc.
Please ‘package’ your donation to keep it clean and include your business card or some sort of card to let winners know the prize was donated by your group/business.
3. BOOTH AREA – Vendor agrees to supply its own tables, chairs, tent, water, and individuals to staff its vending area.
4. SET-UP- Vendor agrees that it will follow any instructions with regard to set up and clean up and that it will be open and able to serve attendees from 10AM –3PM on the day of the Event. Event area will be open to vendors at 7am. Booths should be set up by 9:30am and all vehicles should be moved to the vendor parking area.
5. PERMITS- Vendor agrees that it will comply with all applicable laws, ordinances, rules and regulations relating to services rendered or goods sold and will obtain and display all required licenses and permits.
6. INSURANCE: Vendor agrees that it will maintain workers’ compensation coverage as required by law covering all its employees. Vendor agrees that it will defend, indemnify and hold the County harmless from and against all workers’ compensation claims filed by any of Vendor’s employees. Vendor also agrees that it shall maintain Comprehensive or Commercial General Bodily injury and Property Damage Liability insurance.
7. TAXES – Vendor agrees that it will pay and is exclusively responsible for any federal, state, or local tax on goods and/or services sold and will indemnify and hold the County harmless from and against all claims and expenses which may arise because of non-payment of any such taxes.
8. HOLD HARMLESS- Vendor agrees that it will defend, indemnify, and hold the County harmless from and against all claims, liability, loss and expenses, including reasonable costs, collection expenses and attorneys’ fees, which may arise because of the negligence, misconduct, inaction, breach of this Agreement or other fault of the Vendor, its agents or employees. Vendor agrees that references to “the County” in paragraphs 6,7 & 8 above shall include the County together with its officers, directors, agents, employees, or volunteers.
I hereby verify that I am committing to represent the above named Vendor at the Event and that I have the authority to do so. I also verify that all the terms and conditions explained herein are understood and found to be agreeable.