HOME 4 THE HOLIDAYS
That's our hope for every adoptable pet at AAMR!
Please help us make wishes come true for the pets we have in our care. Imagine how much fun it could be to make 1st holiday memories with your new BFF (Best Furry Friend)
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to AAMR online. The pups will appreciate your kindness.
We are so grateful for all the financial and moral support we receive from so many wonderful folks. Please click on our Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! page for more 'thanks' to our donors!
In the great words of my favorite Pedigree commercial . . .
"Shelter dogs aren't broken, they've simply experienced more life than other dogs. If they were human, we would call them wise. They would be the ones with tales to tell and stories to write, the ones dealt a bad hand who responded with courage. Don't pity a shelter dog.... Adopt one. And be proud to have their greatness by your side."
Be sure to click on 'Animals'/'List' on the navigation bar on the left side of this page to see all our adoptable pups!
AAMR MAINTENANCE WISH LIST
There is always a lot of maintenance work to do around the yard and the runs for the foster pups. We always appreciate any donations of building materials, money, and/or time and muscle for these projects.
Ever have 'leftovers' from your own projects? No donation is too small! Every timber, board, and block count and will be put to good use for the AAMR foster pups!
All donations are tax-deductible and we will be happy to provide receipts. Email email@example.com or call us at 434-841-0411 if we need to arrange for pick up!
Building materials wish list:
* treated lumber - 4x4's, 2x4's, 2x6's, exterior plywood, exterior siding panels, landscape timbers etc
* concrete patio blocks - 16" squares, 12" squares
* roofing tin * sand and gravel
BECOME A FRIEND OF ALL-AMERICAN MUTT RESCUE ON FACEBOOK TO GET REGULAR UPDATES!
Please click the purple button every day to help feed rescue animals!
Our Every Day Wish List ...
Dog food (we use mostly HI-Tek Chicken & Rice Naturals and Southern States Advanced Active)
Puppy Food (we use Tractor Supply 4Health brand and Purina Puppy Chow Complete Nutrition [not Healthy Morsels])
Good quality Dog and Puppy Treats (nothing made in China please)
Gently used blankets, towels, comforters, etc. - We always have lots of baths to give and crates and houses to make comfy! (many thanks to those of you who have made contributions - the pups are LOVING it!)
Cleaning supplies - especially bleach and Odo-Ban
Durable toys such as Kongs, Nylabones, hard rubber toys that will withstand puppy chewing and bleach sanitizing
AND REMEMBER THAT ALL DONATIONS TO AAMR ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE
Statistically it is more difficult for rescues to place animals over 2 years old, animals with any special physical or medical needs, animals of certain breeds, and animals that are black - especially if they are also large.
But we believe 'Less Adoptable' Pets Rule
Here are just a few reasons we love "special" pets:
* Older pets are mellower - you don't have to worry about your lamp getting knocked over!
* Physically challenged pets are often unaffected by their handicap - but you still look like a hero when you rescue them!
* With "bad reputation" breeds, you get the chance to prove people wrong with your great dog!
* Dark-furred pets make it easy to accessorize - black goes with everything!
* Pets with behavioral issues allow you to form a tight bond as you overcome obstacles together!
* Big dogs are easier to find when it's time to go to the vet!